The Ultimate Warehouse Cleaning Guide
Dirty warehouses can attract a variety of pests as well as harmful organisms such as mold and mildew. These organisms can damage workers’ health, as they can quickly spread onto the items stored in your warehouses. Maintaining a clean warehouse should be a top priority, especially if your company deals with raw materials, perishable goods, and consumable goods that can be easily harmed by pests roaming the premises.
A warehouse cleaning checklist will assist you in keeping track of all places in your warehouse that require cleaning on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
This guide gives you a daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning checklist for your warehouse, ensuring that every inch of your storage facilities is spotless.
Daily Warehouse Cleaning Checklist
Most warehouses require daily cleaning. Cleaning the warehouse should be considered routine rather than an afterthought. Major floors should be swept and washed clean to prevent dust from settling into the crevices of the walls and floors.
The high-contact areas of the warehouse, such as the floors, equipment, and any regularly used worktops, are cleaned daily. Daily sanitizing is also required for warehouse cleaning when working with perishable or consumable goods.
Here are other things you should include on your checklist:
- Empty garbage cans and baskets
- Wipe and inspect equipment for safety and condition
- Mop floors with disinfectant solution
- Replenish soap, toilet paper, and tissues.
Weekly Warehouse Cleaning Checklist
A weekly cleaning checklist can be used in areas where daily cleaning is not possible. Weekly cleaning of lighting fixtures, high ceilings, and other difficult-to-reach spots would be beneficial, especially since they don’t come into contact with most employees and items that come in and out of the facilities.
Here are some things to keep on your weekly cleaning checklist:
- Arrange shelves and pallets
- Do weekly maintenance checks on equipment and machinery
- When required, check and refill supplies.
- Dust high ceiling areas, Light fixtures, grab bars, and door frames
- Clean the shelves and wall partitions.
- Wipe windows and drapes clean.
- Examine and confirm the conditions of fire extinguishers, emergency exits, sprinkler systems, and other safety elements.
As part of our weekly cleaning checklist, we focus on light fixtures, ducting, ceiling fans, and air conditioning equipment. We make sure our commercial cleaners in Concord have high-quality cleaning supplies.
Our supplies are restocked every week to ensure that cleaners are never short of resources during their operations.
Monthly Warehouse Cleaning Checklist
Since warehouses are always open, with some running 24 hours a day, seven days a week, not all cleaning can be done on a daily or weekly basis.
Monthly warehouse cleaning removes grime from hard-to-reach spots and deep cleans warehouse fixtures. It also provides a schedule for cleaning the warehouse’s outside components for top-to-bottom cleanliness.
Make sure you keep the following things on your checklist when doing monthly warehouse cleaning:
- Deep clean floor. Shampoo carpets and steam clean hard surface floors
- Scrub the walls with a stiff brush
- Replace upholstery covers
- Check for signs of mildew and molds in sinks and drains
- Hire pest control service
- Hose down the exterior of the facility
- Clean frames and windows
- Clean pathways and walkways
- Clean and inspect entry docks, loading docks, and steps
- Clean outdoors fixtures
Important Tips for Cleaning and Maintenance
While cleaning large areas, remember that you cannot clean all places in a single day. Large areas are notorious for retaining dirt and housing pests.
Here are some tips to help ensure you don’t overlook any area in your facilities:
- Wipe any spills from the floors, walls, and furniture upholstery promptly to avoid discoloration
- Renew protective floor coatings every two months or any time they become damaged or dull
- Replace light fixtures once the light bulb starts to falter
- Use air conditioning filters or air purifiers throughout the facility to improve air quality.
- Remove clutter to avoid attracting pests such as rodents and roaches.
- Avoid fabric window blinds as they are difficult to clean. Instead, opt for Venetian window blinds made of plastic, resin, or wood.
- Examine shelves and pallets and replace them if they are worn out or damaged
- Clean the office in the facilities along with the rest of the areas
Hire Professional Cleaning Service
Commercial areas, such as storage facilities, are tough to keep clean. When you’re occupied with your day-to-day operations,
you can lose track of the cleaning activities that need to be completed. In this scenario, hiring a professional cleaning service rather than cleaning the entire warehouse yourself will be more convenient.
HomePlus cleaning service provides professional cleaning for most commercial areas, ranging from small closet-style offices to huge commercial storage facilities and warehouses. Our commercials cleaners at Concord, MA, are equipped with the right skills and tools to make your place as pristine as possible!
For booking, click here!